Evaluate the cause of adverse response to transfusion of blood or blood components.
Report includes interpretation and recommendations for future transfusion.
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
30 minutes to several hours
- Blood Transfusion Reaction
- Blood Transfusion Reaction, Immediate
- Reaction to Blood Transfusion
- TXRX (CLERICAL AND CONSULT)
- TRANSFUSION REACTION
- BLOOD BANK CONSULT TRANS RXN
- TXRX CONS
Collect specimen in a pink top tube. Send intact specimen at room temperature immediately; do not store. Specimens sent for Blood Bank testing cannot be split for use by other laboratories.
Contact the MLabs Client Services Center for the Blood Transfusion Policies and Standard Practices Booklet. Additional medical consultation may be indicated.