Real time PCR
Real time PCR test to detect or rule out Beta Strep Group A
Detected, Not Detected or Inhibited (unable to analyze)
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
Not to exceed 4 hours.
- Beta Strep Group A Culture, Throat / Oropharynx, ER
- Strep Screen, Throat / Nasopharynx, ER
- Streptococcus pyogenes, Throat / Oropharynx, ER
- Culture, Throat / Oropharynx, ER
24 hours/ 7 days a week.
Collect specimen from throat or oropharynx and place in ESwab. When taking throat specimen, swab both tonsillar pillars and oropharynx.
** When PCR is used as a confirmatory test for a rapid strep screen at the point of care, DO NOT place the swab back into the liquid after performing the rapid test. Send only the remaining liquid in the Eswab transport tube for PCR.
Store at room temperature and send within 24 hours of collection.
Frozen specimen is unacceptable.
Replacement test for reflex Strep Screen Culture (SSN) when Rapid Strep EIA Screen is negative