Detect maternal colonization with Beta Streptococcus Group B.
Specimen will be screened only for presence of Beta Streptococcus Group B.
Negative results are reported within 48 hours.
- Streptococcus agalactiae Culture, Vaginal / Rectal
- Group B Streptococci Culture, Perinatal
- Beta Strep Group B Culture, Vaginal / Rectal
- Streptococcus agalactiae
- Culture, Beta Streptococcus Group B
- BETA STREPTOCOCCUS GRP B CULTURE
- BETA STREPTOCOCCUS GP B CULT
Swab lower vagina and anorectum and place in aerobic transport tube. Refrigerate and send within 48 hours of collection.
CDC recommendations suggest that GBS screening cultures are appropriate
for clinical use for 5 weeks from the time the culture was obtained.
Rapid direct culture using chromogenic media has demonstrated equivalent sensitivity and specificity when compared to PCR testing. Test includes susceptibility testing of potentially pathogenic organism(s) at an additional charge (DFEE) (cpt 87184) unless specifically declined.