Immunochemiluminescent Assay (ICMA)
Quantitating the alpha-subunit has been advocated as a monitoring test to detect the recurrence of tumors in patients who have undergone resection of pituitary adenomas.
Pediatric: < or = 5 days: < or = 50 ng/mL; 5 days - < 3 months: < or = 10 ng/mL; 3 months - < 2 years: < or = 1.2 ng/mL; 2 years - puberty onset: < or = 1.2 ng/mL; Tanner II - IV: < or = 1.2 ng/mL; Adults: Males: < or = 0.5 ng/mL; Premenopausal females: < or = 1.2 ng/mL; Postmenopausal females: < or = 1.8 ng/mL.
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
2 - 9 days
- HCG Alpha Subunit
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, Alpha Subunit
- Alpha Subunit, Pituitary Glycoprotein Hormones
- Alpha Subunit HCG
- Alpha PGH
- Pituitary Glycoprotein Hormones, Alpha Subunit
- Alpha-Subunit (HCG, TSH, FSH, LH)
The alpha-subunit of pituitary glycoprotein hormones assay has been called the alpha-human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) assay. However, the assay measures the alpha-subunit of thyroid-stimulating hormone and other pituitary glycoproteins, in addition to that of hCG. Test sent to Mayo Medical Laboratories.