Diagnosis of infections due to Mycoplasma pneumoniae.
3 - 4 days
- Bronchus, Mycoplasma pneumoniae Culture
- Culture, Mycoplasma, Respiratory
- Lung Aspirate, Mycoplasma pneumoniae Culture
- Nasopharynx, Mycoplasma pneumoniae Culture
- PPLO Culture
- Primary Atypical Pneumonia Culture
- Primary Atypical Pneumoniae Culture
- Sputum, Mycoplasma pneumoniae Culture
- Mycoplasma pneumoniae Culture
- MPN RESULT
- MPN STATUS
- M. pneumoniae Result
- M. pneumoniae Status
This assay should only be used for testing of respiratory tract specimens (throat swabs, nasopharyngeal swabs, tracheal secretions, sputum, and bronchoalveolar lavage fluid) and pleural/chest fluid, pericardial fluid, and cerebrospinal fluid.
Collect swab specimen by swabbing back and forth over mucosa surface to maximize recovery of cells and place in M4-RT transport media. Send fluid specimens in a sterile tube or container. Refrigerate (preferred) or freeze. Indicate specimen source, collection date/time, current antibiotic therapy, and clinical diagnosis.
Test sent to Mayo Medical Laboratories.