Recommended for patients presenting with an acquired defect of neuromuscular transmission in whom the differential diagnosis includes LES. It is not recommended for patients with a past history of, or risk factors for, lung cancer and/or concurrent neurological symptoms/signs not attributable to LES; for those situations, order Paraneoplastic Autoantibody Evaluation (Mayo 83380). Testing for a newly recognized alternative antibody of MG (muscle-specific receptor tyrosine kinase [MuSK]) is indicated when all tests are negative. MuSK antibody testing is available on request.
Muscle AChR Binding Ab: <=0.02 nmol/L; Muscle AChR Modulating Ab: 0 - 20%; Striational Ab: <1:120; P/Q Type Calcium Channel Binding Ab: <0.02 nmol/L; N Type Calcium Channel Binding Ab: <0.03 nmol/L; CRMP-5-IgG Western Blot: Negative; AChR Ganglionic Neuronal Ab: <=0.02 nmol/L.
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
3 - 7 days
- Acetylcholine Receptor Antibodies
- ACh Receptor (Muscle) Binding Antibody
- ACh Receptor (Muscle) Modulating Antibody
- AChR Ganglionic Neuronal Antibody (reflex)
- CRMP-5 IgG (reflex)
- Striational (Striated Muscle) Antibody
- AChR Antibodies
- P/Q Type Calcium Channel Antibody
- N Type Calcium Channel Antibody
- CRMP-5-IgG Western Blot, S
- AChR Ganglionic Neuronal Ab, S
Evaluation includes the following tests: Calcium Channel Binding Ab P/Q Type, Calcium Channel Binding Ab N Type, AChR Binding Ab, AChR Modulating Ab, and Striational Ab. The following tests are reflexed at an additional charge when indicated: AChR Ganglionic Neuronal Ab (ACHRG) and CRMP-5-IgG Western Blot (C5BLOT). By ordering this test the clinician acknowledges that additional reflex testing will be performed and billed at a separate additional charge if indicated. Test sent to Mayo Medical Laboratories.