Diminished responses to lectin mitogens are consistent with a primary or secondary immunodeficiency disease. Abnormal results are not specific for a particular disease, and the magnitude of the abnormality is not necessarily related to the degree of immunodeficiency.
Viability of Lymphocytes at Day 0: >=75%; Max Prolif of PHA as %CD45: >=49.9%; Max Prolif of PHA as %CD3: >=58.5%; Max Prolif of PWM as %CD45: >=4.5%; Max Prolif of PWM as %CD3: >=3.5%; Max Prolif of PWM as %CD19: >=3.9%.
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
8 - 11 days
- Blastogenesis, Mitogens
- Lymphocyte Clastogenesis Mitogens
- Lymphocyte Transformation
- Mitogen Studies
- Lymphocyte Mitogen Stimulation
- Leukocyte Function Assay
- Lymphocyte Blastogenesis, Mitogens
- Mitogen Cell Cycle Analysis
- Lymphocyte Mitogen Proliferation Analysis
Please notify MLabs Client Services Center prior to sending specimen. Specimens are accepted Monday through Thursday only and must be received by performing laboratory within 24 hours of collection (specimen must be received by MLabs Sendout Lab by 6:00 pm Thursday). Collect blood in two sodium heparin (green top) tubes; do not use tubes containing lithium heparin. Send whole blood at room temperature; refrigerated or frozen specimens are unacceptable.
Draw Monday- Thursday only, and specimen must be received in Sendouts by 6pm Thursday at the latest.
Test sent to Mayo Medical Laboratories.