Direct immunofluorescence using flow cytometric techniques.
Confirmation of diagnosis and immunophenotype in acute and chronic leukemias and lymphomas. See http://www.pathology.med.umich.edu/handbook/Tables/Flow_Cytometry_Panel… for all Flow Cytometry Panels.
LEUKB AND IMM reference ranges.docx
*Pediatric Reference Ranges from Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 112, No. 5, 11/2003 and studies performed at Michigan Medicine Flow Cytometry Laboratory. Absolute ranges are calculated utilizing absolute lymphocyte count ranges for the same age groups provided by the hematology laboratory.
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
Requires an adequate number of viable cells for analysis. Improper collection or transport may result in decreased cell viability and cancellation of testing. Specimen transport should be arranged so that specimen will be received Monday-Friday and prior to noon on Saturday.
8 - 48 hrs
- Multiple Myeloma
- Plasma Cell Panel (PCL)
- Panel 3: Plasma Cell / Multiple Myeloma
- B and T Cell Typing for Lymphocytic Leukemias
- Leukemia / Lymphoma Immunophenotyping
- Lymphocyte Typing for Lymphoproliferative Disorders
- Lymphocytic Leukemias, Acute and Chronic Subtyping
- T and B Cell Typing for Lymphocytic Leukemias
- Leukemias, Acute
- Leukemias, Chronic
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
- Mixed Linage Acute Leukemia
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL)
- Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML)
- Leukemia/Lymphoma, Uncertain Subtype
- ACUTE MARKER PANEL
- NONACUTE MARKER PANEL
- Leukemia/Lymphoma Workup
- Prolymphocytic Leukemia (PLL)
- Mantle Cell Lymphoma/Leukemia (MCL)
- Hairy Cell Leukemia (HCL)
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Follicular Lymphoma
- Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma (DLBCL)
- Leukemia/Lymphoma Acute Marker Panel
- Leukemia/Lymphoma Nonacute Marker Panel
- Leukemia/Lymphoma Combo Marker Panel
- Panel 1: Stem Cell Neoplasm / Acute Leukemia
- Panel 2: Mature Lymphoid Leukemia / Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Panel 4: Comprehensive Leukemia / Lymphoma
- Leukemia/Lymphoma Derm Marker Panel
- Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma Panel
- T-Cell Leukemia
- Sezary Syndrome
The following information is required on a Hematopathology Consult requisition:
[list order =Y]
Relevant clinical history
Clinical or morphological findings and suspicions
Date and time of collection
Phone number and after hours pager number for ordering physician
Collect blood in a green 7-10 ml sodium heparin Vacutainer® tube or yellow top ACD A or B Vacutainer® tube and transport at room temperature within 12 hours of collection.<li>
Include a copy of the patient's concurrently drawn White Blood Cell and Platelet counts, peripheral blood differential and an unstained peripheral blood smear, OR, concurrently collect a lavender EDTA Vacutainer® tube for a CBCD to be performed upon receipt of the specimen.
Whole blood: (FULL) Yellow top ACD A or B Vacutainer® tube
Whole blood: 7-10 ml Green top sodium heparin tube
Test includes pathologist interpretation of results billed as a separate additional charge. This test is not available without interpretation. Additonal markers will be run if clinically indicated. Measurement of TdT may be an adjunct to the diagnosis of some leukemias and lymphoblastic lymphomas and will be run at the discretion of the hematopathologist at an additional charge. By ordering this test the clinician acknowledges that additional reflex testing will be performed and billed at a separate additional charge if indicated. For consultation, contact the MLabs Client Services Center or Flow Cytometry Laboratory at 76-39420.