Direct Immunofluorescence using flow cytometric techniques.
Evaluation of primary immunodeficiencies. A full lymphoid cell panel is run, including B and T cell quantitation and natural killer cell quantitation. Markers include CD3, CD4, CD8, CD16/56, CD19, and CD4:CD8 ratio (T4:T8 ratio).
<a text="IMM reference ranges.docx" href="/static/apps/handbook/Tables/IMM%20reference%20ranges.docx">
<b>*Pediatric Reference Ranges from Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 112, No. 5, 11/2003 and studies performed at Michigan Medicine Flow Cytometry Laboratory. Absolute ranges are calculated utilizing absolute lymphocyte count ranges for the same age groups provided by the hematology laboratory. </b>
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
24 - 48 hours
- FX FINAL
- FLOW ADD
- CD4:CD8 (T4:T8) Ratio
- FC CAN
- Primary Immunodeficiencies Profile
- T&B Cell Lymphocyte Surface Markers
- B and T Cell Subsets
- Markers CD3 CD4 CD8 CD16/56 CD19
- Inherited Immunodeficiency Profile
- Lymphocyte Surface Marker Assay
- Natural Killer Cell Count
- Primary Immunodeficiency Profile
- T Cell and B Cell Lymphocyte Surface Markers
- IMMUNODEFICIENCY PANEL
- T and B Cell Subsets
- FC CANCEL
- FLOW CYTOMETRY ADDENDUM REPORT
- FLOW FINAL
- FLOW FINAL
- FLOW PRELIMINARY
- Primary Immunodef. Panel
- Generic Flow Test
Date and time of collection is required on a flow cytometry requisition.
Collect blood in ACD A or B Vacutainer® tube and transport at room temperature within 12 hours of collection.
Include a copy of the patient's concurrently drawn White Blood Cell and Platelet counts, and peripheral blood differential.
Additional testing will be run at the discretion of the hematopathologist at an additional charge with interpretation if clinically indicated. By ordering this test the clinician acknowledges that additional reflex testing will be performed and billed at a separate additional charge if indicated. For consultation, contact the MLabs Client Services Center or Flow Cytometry Laboratory at 76-39420.