Immunofluorescence (IFA), Western Blot
Antineuronal Nuclear Antibody (Anti-Hu) is found in 5-10% of patients with small cell carcinoma of the lung. Anti-Hu is associated with subacute syndrome of encephalomyeloradiculopathy, sensory neuropathy, and autoimmune neuropathy, predominantly affecting the gastrointestinal tract.
Negative; Western blot= Negative; Hu titer <1:40
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
5 - 9 days
- Paraneoplastic Autoantibody, Antineuronal Nuclear Antibody 1
- Antineuronal Nuclear Antibody (ANNA) Type 1
- Sensory Neuropathy Antibody
- Neuronal Nuclear Antibody, Type 1
If the Hu Antibody screen by IFA is positive, Hu Antibody by Western Blot will be performed at an additional charge. If the Hu Antibody by Western Blot is positive, Hu Antibody Titer will be performed at an additional charge. By ordering this test the clinician acknowledges that additional reflex testing will be performed and billed at a separate additional charge if indicated. Test sent to Quest Diagnostics Nichols Institute of Valencia.