Isolate Helicobacter pylori for susceptibility testing when patient has failed therapy.
No Helicobacter pylori isolated.
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
Helicobacter pylori may not be isolated even though it is present in the specimen if the recommended transport time is exceeded.
Preliminary results are reported in 96 hours. Negative results are reported after 1 week.
- Helicobacter pylori Culture, Gastric Biopsy
- H. pylori Culture
- Gastric Biopsy Culture, Helicobacter pylori
- Culture, Helicobacter pylori
- HELICOBACTER PYLORI CULTURE
Please notify MLabs Client Services to schedule testing prior to collecting specimen. Specimen transport should be arranged so that the specimen is received by MLabs within 3 hours of collection; request a STAT courier if necessary. Send gastric biopsy specimen on ice.
Send specimen to laboratory within 3 hours of collection on ice.
Test includes culture. Susceptibility testing will be performed at an additional charge if indicated. By ordering this test the clinician acknowledges that additional reflex testing will be performed and billed at a separate additional charge if indicated.