Detection of IgG Antibodies to Helicobacter pylori, which may be useful in diagnosing chronic gastritis associated with H. pylori infection.
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
This test should be used only when the patient has symptoms suggestive of gastrointestinal disease. This is a qualitative test. The performance characteristics of this assay have not been established for use with specimens from cord blood, neonates, pediatric patients, or pre-transplant patients.
- Antibody H
- Antibody Helicobacter
- Antibody, H. pylori
- Campylobacter pylori Antibody
- H Pylori Antibody
- H. pylori Antibody
- Heli Pylori
- Helicobacter IgG
- Helicobacter IgG Antibody
- Helicobacter pylori IgG Antibody
- Helicobacter Pylorus
- Helicobacter Titer
- HP Antibody
- IgG Antibody Helicobacter pylori
- Pylori, Helicobacter Antibody
- HELICOBACTER PYLORI IGG AB
- H. pylori IgG AB, Qualitative
A postive test result in symptomatic individuals should be confirmed by other diagnostic testing. This test cannot distinguish between active and inactive infection. Helicobacter pylori is strongly associated with chronic type B gastritis. H. pylori gastritis is present in virtually all patients with idiopathic chronic duodenal ulceration.