To determine presence or absence of white blood cells.
No white blood cells seen
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
Results are qualitative and depend on the sample of stool specimen tested.
1 - 4 hours
- Fecal Leukocyte Gram Stain Screen
- Fecal WBC's
- Leukocyte Gram Stain Screen, Feces
- Stool, Leukocyte Gram Stain Screen
- WBC's, Stool
- FECAL LEUKOCYTE GRAM STAIN
Send fresh random stool in stool culture transport or send swab of stool in aerobic transport. Follow specific instructions included with stool culture transport kit; DO NOT SEND IN ANAEROBIC TRANSPORT. Refrigerate and send within 24 hours. Indicate specimen source and collection date/time.