Evaluation of metabolic status of persons with endocrinopathies. Detection of pheochromocytoma and of glucagon, thyrotropin-, and adrenocorticotropin-secreting tumors. Monitoring of control of diabetes mellitus.
< 0.73 mmol/L
Reference values have not been established for patients who are <18 years of age.
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
2 - 4 days
- Fatty Acids, Nonesterified
- Nonesterified Fatty Acids (NEFA)
- Free Fatty Acids (FFA), Total
- Free Fatty Acids, Total, S
Collect specimen in red top or SST tube from a fasting patient (12 - 14 hour fast). Centrifuge within 45 minutes of collection, aliquot serum into a plastic tube and freeze. Patient must not consume alcohol for 24 hours before collection of specimen.
Fasting specimen. Must arrive in lab or aliquot and freeze within 45 minutes.
Test sent to Mayo Medical Laboratories.