Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
Evaluation of cystinuria.
CYSTINE: 3-15 years: 11 - 53 mcmol/24 hours; >=16 years: 28 - 115 µmol/24 hours. LYSINE: 3-15 years: 19 - 140 mcmol/24 hours; >=16 years: 32 - 290 mcmol/24 hours. ORNITHINE: 3-15 years: 3 - 16 mcmol/24 hours; >=16 years: 5 - 70 mcmol/24 hours. ARGININE: 3-15 years: 10 - 25 mcmol/24 hours; >=16 years: 13 - 64 mcmol/24 hours.
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
4 - 6 days
- Arginine, Quantitative, Urine
- Cystine, Quantitative, Urine
- Lysine, Quantitative, Urine
- Ornithine, Quantitative, Urine
- QUALITATIVE CYSTINE
- QUANTITATIVE CYSTINE
Collect 24 hour urine. Add 20 ml toluene as a preservative at the start of collection or refrigerate during collection and send frozen. Record total 24 hour urine volume and collection dates/times on request form.
Test sent to Mayo Medical Laboratories.