Multiplex Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
To detect genetic polymorphism between the patient (recipient) and the donor prior to the bone marrow transplant, in order to evaluate the engraftment status after the transplant.
Interpretive report provided.
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
If the patient has a very low white blood cell count, the DNA yield may be insufficient to complete the analysis. In order to perform this test, both the patient's pre-transplant and the donor's specimen must be available.
2 - 7 days
- Bone Marrow Transplant Engraftment Evaluation
- Polymorphism Detection, pre-BMT
- Pre-BMT Engraftment Analysis, Recipent
- Pre-BMT Polymorphism Detection
- VNTR for pre-BMT Engraftment Analysis
- Recipient BM Engraph. Eval
- Chimerism Analysis, Pre-Transplant, Recipient
- BMT RECIPIENT
Collect blood in a lavender top tube. Refrigerate and send intact blood or bone marrow specimen within 48 hours of collection.
By ordering this test the clinician acknowledges that informed consent has been obtained from the patient as required by applicable state or federal laws and the ordering clinician has authorization from the patient permitting MLabs to report the test results to the ordering clinician. Test includes pathologist interpretation of results billed as a separate additional charge. This test is not available without interpretation.