CGV: IgM Capture ELISA. EEE, SLE, WNV: Microsphere Immunoassay (MIA).
Determination of recent arbovirus infection by demonstration of IgM antibody.
No antibody detected.
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
2 - 4 weeks
- California (LaCrosse) Encephalitis
- Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE)
- St. Louis Encephalitis (SLE)
- West Nile Virus (WNV)
- Arbovirus Panel
- Arbovirus Antibody, West Nile
- Western Equine Encephalitis
- West Nile Virus Ab, IgG, IgM
- West Nile Virus Antibody, CSF
- California Group Virus (CGV)
- Arbovirus IgM Antibody Panel
Collect CSF and place in a sterile tube or container. Refrigerate. The acute specimen must be drawn at least 8 days post-onset for detectable levels of antibody to be present. Arbovirus testing on serum specimens is not recommended because antibodies to these viruses can persist in serum for over a year after acute infection.
Panel includes Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE), St. Louis Encephalitis (SLE), California Group (CGV) Encephalitis [Lacrosse Strain], and West Nile virus (WNV) IgM antibodies. Test sent to Michigan Department of Health & Human Services (MDHHS); although there is no charge for testing, MLabs charges a handling fee for processing and forwarding specimens to MDHHS. For additional information plese refer to the August 2010 MDHHS Arbovirus Testing memo and test information document available online at http://www.pathology.med.umich.edu/handbook/Tables/MDCH_Arbovirus_8-201….