Prenatal screen for possible maternal-fetal blood incompatibility. Recommended at 28 weeks gestation for Rh negative women and those women at increased risk of sensitization due to clinical history and/or prior sensitization, such as previous history of antibody production, history of red cell transfusion, or placental incompetence.
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
Will not detect all maternal-fetal incompatibilities or all antibodies present in a patient's serum.
- Indirect Antiglobulin Test
- Blood Type, Antibody Screen, Prenatal
- Prenatal Antibody Screen
- Red Cell Antibody Screen, Prenatal
- ANTIBODY SCREEN
- AUTOMATED ANTIBODY SCREEN
- ABSC INT
- AUTOMATED ANTIBODY SCREEN INT
Collect specimen in a pink top tube. Send intact specimen at room temperature. Specimens are unacceptable if collected in serum separator tube, contaminated, or grossly hemolyzed. Specimens sent for Blood Bank testing cannot be split for use by other laboratories.
If Antibody Screen is positive, Antibody Identification and Prenatal Antibody Titer will be performed at an additional charge. By ordering this test the clinician acknowledges that additional reflex testing will be performed and billed at a separate additional charge if indicated.