Isolate and identify anaerobic bacteria
No growth of anaerobic bacteria
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
Identifications will not be performed on cultures yielding 3 or more organisms.
Antibiotic susceptibilities are not performed.
Preliminary results are reported in 12 - 24 hours. Negative cultures are reported after 4 days.
- Urine Culture, Anaerobic, Suprapubic Urine
- Bladder Tap, Anaerobe Culture
- Culture, Urine, Suprapubic, Anaerobe
- ANAEROBIC CULTURE
Collect suprapubic urine aspirate using sterile technique. AVOID CONTAMINATION WITH NORMAL FLORA FROM SKIN. Specimens with volume > 1.0 ml may be sent without transport but MUST be received within 1 hour of collection. Specimens with volume < 1.0 ml MUST be sent in anaerobic transport. Specify current antibiotic therapy, and clinical diagnosis.
2. Specimen is a clean catch or catheter urine
2. Incubate: No
3. Refrigerate: No
4. Freeze: No
Test includes anaerobe culture. Specimens for anaerobic culture should be accompanied by a specimen from the same site for aerobic bacterial culture. If routine aerobic culture is not submitted and direct smear is needed; direct smear must be ordered separately.