Isolate and identify anaerobic organisms.
No growth of anaerobic bacteria
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
Identifications will not be performed on cultures yielding 3 or more organisms.
Antibiotic susceptibilities are not performed.
Preliminary results are reported in 12 - 24 hours. Negative cultures are reported after 4 days.
- Endometrium Culture, Anaerobic
- Culture, Endometrium, Anaerobe
- ANAEROBIC CULTURE
Collect scrapings or aspirates from the endometrium using sterile technique (DO NOT SEND SWABS). AVOID CONTAMINATION WITH NORMAL FLORA FROM RECTUM, VAGINAL TRACT, OR URETHRA. Specimens with volume > 1.0 ml may be sent without transport but MUST be received within 1 hour of collection. Specimens with volume < 1.0 ml MUST be sent in anaerobic transport.
Indicate specimen source, collection date/time, current antibiotic therapy and clinical diagnosis.
3. Specimen must be in anaerobe transport.
4. If an unacceptable specimen is received, the client will be notified and another specimen will be requested before disposal of the specimen.
If unable to transport immediately, specimens in anaerobic transport tubes may be held at room temperature up to 24 hours.
Test includes anaerobe culture. Direct smear is included if additional specimen is sent in a sterile tube (NOT anaerobic transport) and direct smear is requested. Specimens for anaerobic culture should be accompanied by a specimen from the same site for aerobic bacterial culture.