Isolation and identification of potentially pathogenic organisms.
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
Organisms cannot be quantitated from most specimen sources. If the specimen is refrigerated, reduced recovery of fastidious pathogens is possible.
Preliminary results are reported in 24 hours. Negative cultures are reported after 4 days. Orthopedic specimens are reported after 15 days.
- Foreign Body Culture, Aerobic
- Culture, Foreign Body, Aerobic
- Donor Cornea, Aerobic Culture
- Heart Valve, Aerobic Culture
- IUD, Aerobic Culture
- Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter, Aerobic Culture
- Valve, Aerobic Culture
- Ventricular Catheter, Aerobic
- FOREIGN BODY CULTURE
Acceptable specimen types: Heart valve, peritoneal dialysis catheter, ventricular catheter. Avoid contamination with normal flora from skin. For optimum recovery, send immediately.
Refrigerated: Up to 12 hours
Test includes culture of foreign body and identification of aerobic bacteria and yeast. Test includes susceptibility testing of potentially pathogenic organism(s) at an additional charge unless specifically declined.