Investigating a subacute multifocal neurological disorder without obvious cause, especially in a patient with past or family history of cancer, or smoking history. Directing a focused search for cancer. Investigating neurological symptoms that appear in the course or wake of cancer therapy, and are not explainable by metastasis. Differentiating autoimmune neuropathies from neurotoxic effects of chemotherapy. Monitoring the immune response of seropositive patients in the course of cancer therapy. Detecting early evidence of cancer recurrence in previously seropositive patients.
Interpretive report provided.
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
Negative results do not exclude cancer. Test does not detect Ma2 (MaTa) Antibody. Ma2 Antibody has been described in patients with brainstem and limbic encephalitis in the context of testicular germ cell neoplasms. Scrotal ultra-sound is advisable in men who present with unexplained subacute encephalitis.
10 - 14 days
- Amphiphysin Antibody
- Antineuronal Nuclear Antibodies
- Dorsal Root Ganglion Antibody
- Hu Antibody
- Neuronal Nuclear Antibody, Type 1
- Neuronal Nuclear Antibody, Type 2
- Neuronal Nuclear Antibody, Type 3
- Paraneoplastic Cerebellar Degeneration (PCD)
- Purkinje Cell Cytoplasmic Antibody, Type 1
- Purkinje Cell Cytoplasmic Antibody, Type 2
- Purkinje Cell Cytoplasmic Antibody, Type Tr
- Ri Antibody
- Yo Antibody
- ACh Receptor (Muscle) Binding Antibody
- P/Q Type Calcium Channel Antibody
- CRMP-5 IgG
- Anti Neuronal Nuclear Antibody Type 1, 2, or 3
- N Type Calcium Channel Antibody
- AChR Ganglionic Neuronal Antibody
- Anti-Glial Nuclear Antibody, Type 1
- Amphiphysin Antibody Western Blot (reflex)
- Striational (Striated Muscle) Antibody
- AChR Antibodies
- Acetylcholine Receptor Antibodies
- Neuromyelitis Optica (NMO)/Aquaporin-4-IgG (reflex)
- GAD65 Antibody (reflex)
- GABA-B-R Antibody (reflex)
- Neuronal (V-G) K Channel Antibody
- CRMP-5-IgG Western Blot (reflex)
- Paraneoplastic Antibody Western Blot (reflex)
- ACh Receptor (Muscle) Modulating Antibody (reflex)
- AMPA-R Antibody (reflex)
- NMDA-R Antibody (reflex)
- Paraneoplastic AutoAb Eval, S
- Amphiphysin Ab Western Blot
- Neuromyelitis Optica Ab IgG
- Voltage-Gated Potassium Channel Antibody
Collect blood in SST or red top tube. Centrifuge, aliquot serum into a plastic vial and refrigerate. Include relevant clinical information as well as ordering physician name, telephone number, and mailing address. Indicate if order is a follow-up for a previously diagnosed patient; the patient's previously elevated autoantibodies will be performed.
Test includes AChR Ganglionic Neuronal Antibody, Anti-Glial Nuclear Antibody Type 1, Anti-Neuronal Nuclear Antibody Type 1, Anti-Neuronal Nuclear Antibody Type 2, Anti-Neuronal Nuclear Antibody Type 3, Amphiphysin Antibody, CRMP-5-IgG, Neuronal (V-G) K+ Channel Antibody, N-Type Calcium Channel Antibody, P/Q Type Calcium Channel Antibody, Purkinje Cell Cytoplasmic Antibody Type 1, Purkinje Cell Cytoplasmic Antibody Type 2, Purkinje Cell Cytoplasmic Antibody Type Tr, and Striational (Striated Muscle) Antibody.
The following tests are reflexed at an additional charge when indicated: ACh Receptor (Muscle) Binding Antibody (ARAB), ACh Receptor (Muscle) Modulating Antibody (ARMO), AGNA-1 Immunoblot (AGNBS), AMPA-R Ab CBA (AMPCS), AMPA-R Ab IF Titer (AMPIS), Amphiphysin Immunoblot (AMIBS), ANNA-1 Immunoblot (AN1BS), ANNA-2 Immunoblot (AN2BS), CASPR2 IgG CBA (CS2CS), CRMP-5-IgG Western Blot (C5BLO), DPPX Ab CBA (DPPCS), DPPX Ab IFA (DPPIS), DPPX Ab IFA Titer (DPPTS), GABA-B-R Ab CBA (GABCS), GABA-B-R Ab IF Titer (GABIS), GAD65 Antibody (GAD65), LGI1 IgG CBA (LG1CS), mGluR1 Ab CBA (GL1CS), mGluR2 Ab IFA (GL1IS), mGluR1 Ab IFA Titer (GL1TS), NMDA-R Ab CBA (NMDCS), NMDA-R Ab IF Titer (NMDIS), PCA-1 Immunoblot (PC1BS), and/or PCA-Tr Immunoblot (PCTBS).
By ordering this test the clinician acknowledges that additional reflex testing will be performed and billed at a separate additional charge if indicated. Test sent to Mayo Clinic Laboratories.