Determination of recent infection when isolation of the organism by culture is unsuccessful.
IgG: <1:10; IgM: <1:10. The presence of IgM class antibodies or a fourfold or greater rise in paired sera IgG titer indicates recent infection. The presence of demonstrable IgG generally indicates past exposure.
Incidence of influenza virus infections is seasonal in the United States and usually occurs only from November - March.
2 - 5 days
- INFLUENZA VIRUS A Ab, IgG, IgM
- INFLUENZA VIRUS B AB, IGG, IGM
- INFLUENZAE A IgG
- INFLUENZAE A IgM
- INFL A AB, IGG, IGM, SERUM
- INFLUENZA B VIRUS AB, IgG
- INFLUENZA B VIRUS AB, IGM
- INFL B AB IGG, IGM, SERUM
Test sent to Mayo Medical Laboratories.