ECi Competitive Assay
Identifying individuals with elevated bone resorption who have osteoporosis in whom response to treatment is being monitored; Predicting response (as assessed by bone mass measurements) to Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved antiresorptive therapy in postmenopausal women; Assessing effectiveness of osteoporosis treatment including FDA-approved antiresorptive therapies in postmenopausal women, individuals with osteoporosis, Paget's disease of bone, and antiestrogen or selective estrogen therapies.
Age and sex specific reference ranges provided with report.
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
2 - 6 days
- N-Telopeptides, Urine
- Pyrrolinks-D, Urine
- Crosslinked N-telopeptide of Type 1 Collagen, Urine
- Type I Collagen (NTX), Urine
- Collagen Crosslinks, Urine
- HYDROXYPROLINE, TOTAL, 24 HOUR
- NTX-Telopeptide, Urine
Collect a second-morning void urine specimen, aliquot urine into a plastic urine tube, and freeze (preferred). Specimens stored refrigerated up to 14 days are acceptable.
Test sent to Mayo Medical Laboratories.