This test is used for monitoring effectiveness of antiresorptive therapy in patients treated for osteoporosis or other metabolic bone disorders or as an adjunct in the diagnosis of medical conditions associated with increased bone turnover.
All units are reported in nmol Bone Collagen Equivalents (BCE). Adult Male: 5.4-24.2 nmol BCE; Adult Female, Premenopausal: 6.2-19.0 nmol BCE.
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
Some patients who have been exposed to animal antigens, either in the environment or as part of treatment or imaging procedures, may have circulating antianimal antibodies present. These antibodies may interfere with the assay reagents to produce unreliable results.
2 - 6 days
- N-Telopeptides, Serum
- Pyrrolinks-D, Serum
- Crosslinked N-telopeptide of Type 1 Collagen, Serum
- Type I Collagen (NTX), Serum
- Collagen Crosslinks, Serum
- N-Telopeptide, Cross-Linked, Serum
Collect specimen in a red top or SST tube from a fasting patient (preferred). Centrifuge, aliquot serum into a plastic vial and freeze.
Test sent to Mayo Medical Laboratories.