Recommended for initial investigation of: 1) a patient aged 20 or older with symptoms and signs of acquired MG; and 2) a bone marrow transplant recipient with suspected graft-vs.-host disease, particularly if there is evidence of weakness.
Muscle AChR Binding Ab: <=0.02 nmol/L; Muscle AChR Modulating Ab: 0 - 20%; Striational Ab: <1:120; CRMP-5-IgG Western Blot: Negative; AChR Ganglionic Neuronal Ab: <=0.02 nmol/L; Glutamic Acid Decarboxylase Ab: <=0.02 nmol/L; Voltage-Gated Potassium Channel Ab: <=0.02 nmol/L.
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
3 - 7 days
- MG Evaluation, Adult
- Neuronal (V-G) K Channel Antibody (reflex)
- ACh Receptor (Muscle) Binding Antibody
- ACh Receptor (Muscle) Modulating Antibody
- Striational (Striated Muscle) Antibody
- AChR Ganglionic Neuronal Antibody (reflex)
- CRMP-5 IgG (reflex)
- AChR Antibodies
- Acetylcholine Receptor Antibodies
- STRIATED MUSCLE ANTIBODIES
- CRMP-5-IgG Western Blot, S
- AChR Ganglionic Neuronal Ab, S
- GAD65 Antibody (reflex)
- Neuronal (V-G) K+ Channel Ab
Evaluation includes the following tests: AChR Binding Ab, AChR Modulating Ab, and Striational Ab. The following tests are reflexed at an additional charge when indicated: AChR Ganglionic Neuronal Ab (ACHRG), CRMP-5-IgG Western Blot (C5BLOT), Glutamic Acid Decarboxylase Ab (GAD65), and Voltage-Gated Potassium Channel Ab (VGKC). By ordering this test the clinician acknowledges that additional reflex testing will be performed and billed at a separate additional charge if indicated. Test sent to Mayo Medical Laboratories.