Isolation and identification of potentially pathogenic organisms
* Reference ranges may change over time. Please refer to the original patient report when evaluating results.
If specimen is refrigerated, N. gonorrhoeae, H. influenzae and other fastidious organisms may not be isolated, even though they are present in the specimen. If the culture grows 3 or more significant organisms, no further identification or susceptibilities will be done except on: Staphylococcus aureus, vancomycin resistant Enterococcus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Acinetobacter baumanii complex, Group A Beta Streptococcus and Streptococcus pneumoniae.
Preliminary results are reported in 18-24 hours.
- Dialysate, Aerobic Culture
- Peritoneal Dialysate, Aerobic Culture
- Peritoneal Dialysate Culture
- Culture, Peritoneal Dialysate
- PERITONEAL DIALYSATE CULT/SMR
Aseptically collected peritoneal dialysate fluid.
Refrigerated: Fluid in sterile container up to 24 hrs
Test includes culture and Gram stain smear if sufficient specimen is received. Potentially pathogenic organisms will be identified. Test includes susceptibility testing of potentially pathogenic organism(s) at an additional charge unless specifically declined.